By the Daily Post staff
Menlo Park and Redwood City are among the communities whose police departments are warning residents about driving in the heavy rains.
In Mountain View, there was also a fatal accident on Highway 85 at the Evelyn Avenue off-ramp at 1:53 a.m. today, but it wasn’t reported if the storm caused the crash.
In Menlo Park, police say drivers should avoid two intersections due to severe flooding:
• Eastbound Marsh Road and Avenue Avenue;
• Southbound Middlefield Road at Survey Lane.
In Redwood City, police are telling motorists to avoid these places because of heavy flooding:
• Broadway and Second Street;
• The 1200 block of Alameda de las Pulgas;
• Brewster and Hillview avenues;
• Hoover Street and Fifth Avenue;
• G Street and Industrial Road;
• Main Street and Middlefield Road;
• James Avenue and Birch Street;
• Broadway and Charter Street;
• Dewey Street and Roosevelt Avenue;
• Upton Street and Roosevelt;
• The north entrance to Sequoia Station on El Camino;
• Downtown 2000 block of Broadway in both directions.