Santa Clara County is behind most of the other counties in California when it comes to reopening after the pandemic. Starting today (June 5) the county will allow the following:
- Outdoor restaurant dining
- In-store retail shopping
- Summer camps and summer school
- Home cleaning services
- Low contact/no contact service businesses including shoe repair and watch repair
- Pet grooming
- Small outdoor ceremonies and outdoor religious gatherings in groups no larger than 25
- Outdoor recreational activities that do not involve physical contact including hiking, tennis, Frisbee and golf
- Outdoor swimming pools. Palo Alto’s Rinconada Pool opens for lap swimming tomorrow.
- Automobile-based gatherings
- Dog parks
In San Mateo County:
- Outdoor restaurant dining begins tomorrow (June 6)
- Charter boats
- Outdoor funerals with fewer than 25 attendees. Indoor funerals are still limited to 10 or fewer attendees.