The IRS has announced that it has once again extended the tax deadline for most California taxpayers to Nov. 16, 2023. Previously, the deadline had been extended from April 18 to today, Oct. 16. Now it’s been postponed another month.
Taxes have been delayed because of last winter’s storms. The IRS didn’t say why it had extended the deadline a second time. However, the news of the extension broke today, the day taxes are due.
The new Nov. 16 deadline applies to:
• 2022 individual income tax and payments that would have been due April 18;
• Contributions to IRAs and health savings accounts that would be applied to 2022 returns;
• Quarterly estimated tax payments normally due on April 18, June 15 and Sept. 15;
• Calendar-year 2022 returns filed by tax-exempt organizations normally due on May 15;
• Quarterly payroll and excise tax returns normally due on May 1, July 31 and Oct. 31;
• Calendar-year 2022 partnership, S Corp, corporate and fiduciary income tax returns.